6 steps to start your nutrition blog
If you want to reach potential clients, build your brand, and market your services, having a nutrition blog is a good place to start. Here are the 6 steps you need to know about starting a blog to help boost your nutrition business.
Whether you’re new to the online space or are a seasoned professional, having a nutrition blog is a great way to reach more people and provide expertise on certain topics that are relevant to your business.
Moreover, you can use this space to provide science-based information to dispel any misconceptions surrounding nutrition, health, and wellness. However, it can be intimidating to start your own blog, which is why we’re here to help. Here’s how you can start a nutrition blog to boost your business, reach more clients, and create engaging content.
Step #1: Have a game plan
Before you get started, you should have a roadmap to make this process easier. Here are some things to consider before you create content:
- Identify your target audience. Clients want to feel connected and comfortable with you, and since they want to receive services from a business that they resonate with, it’s important to make sure that your content aligns with the market needs. You can do this by taking some time to think about who you want to work with and how you can help them. For instance, determine if your audience prefers nutrition posts or recipes (or both); depending on what the answer is, you can start to create content that will resonate with them and drive more traffic.
- Consider the overall look. Your blog should have a simple design that doesn’t distract from the content you create.
- Determine a posting schedule. To have a successful blog, you should be consistent about posting. You can do this by creating a calendar and sticking to an upload schedule.
- Utilize social media. Once your content is live, determine how you want to promote your blog. While SEO will do a lot of the heavy lifting, you should also post your content on your social media channels. And feel free to get creative with it! Images, videos, and even polls go a long way in attracting people to read your posts.
- Consider lead magnets. Since you want to attract more people for your business, consider how you want to encourage them to use your services. Email marketing, free downloads, and special discounts make a difference when it comes to getting more clients, so figure out how you want to incorporate that into your blog posts.
Step #2: Generate ideas for your nutrition blog
Creating nutrition content is much more than a creative process. Since the main goal of your blog is to drive traffic to your business (and ultimately have them turn into paying clients), you need to make sure that the content you’re creating makes sense for the goals you have.
While you can write on almost anything you want, you should be strategic about it and create content based on how many people are searching for certain topics. You can utilize tools like ubersuggest.io, which helps you to quickly check how the online searches have been in the past months, based on keywords.
For example, if you were to search for “immunity”, you would see that the search traffic has greatly increased over the past few months, so to monopolize this information, you can write an article about nutrients to enhance immunity and tailor this towards your business, target audience, and potential clients. While this process may seem tedious, it’s one of the most important steps when it comes to content creation.
Once you have looked at analytics, determined keywords, and defined your target audience, you can start organizing your thoughts and creating outlines for what to write about.
Tip: SEO is one of the most important tools a nutrition professional can use. Learn more about how to leverage this for your business.
Not using Nutrium yet?
Work online with the only tool you need in your nutrition business. Enjoy the 14-day trial.
Step #3: Do your research
Once you’ve created an outline, it’s time to go a bit deeper. As a nutrition professional, you want your blog to not only reach a large audience, but to also be scientifically sound.
To do that, turn to reputable sources (like government websites, online journals, food boards, food magazines, nutrition textbooks, and other dietitians) to add even more credibility to your work and further enhance the fact that you are an expert in the field.
Step #4: Add compelling titles and high-quality pictures
Now that you’ve created a well-written (and researched) piece of content, you need to grab people’s attention. You can do that by choosing high-quality images and writing a catchy title.
- Title. The title of your nutrition blog is crucial. To help increase SEO potential and drive even more traffic to your site, you should use keywords in the beginning of your title, and have it be around 60 characters.
- Images. Use creative personal or stock photos to add a level of design to your content. These images should be clear, high-quality, and uncluttered (without a lot of text in the background). You can get beautiful images on sites like Pexels, Canva, or Unsplash.
Step #5: Determine what platform you want to use
While popular online platforms are available for blogging purposes, they can be complicated and expensive to use, as you often need to pay a service fee, hire a web developer/designer, and overcome a learning curve.
That’s why Nutrium has created a blog feature built into their packages to make this easier for you. From built-in SEO to recipe plugins, personalized URLs, and more, you can ditch the developers, save money, and get started in just a few minutes! Learn more about how this feature works here.
Step #6: Final checks before posting
It’s almost time to post your nutrition blog! Before hitting publish, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Final edits. Read your articles once more before publishing to avoid any grammar mistakes and ensure that all links work. If you create recipes, be sure to try them out before posting, as this will help confirm consistency, serving size, and overall taste.
- Preview. Take a peek at your post in private mode so you can determine if you need to adjust the size of images, length of paragraphs, or fix a hyperlink.
A nutrition blog is a great place to start if you want to reach potential clients, build your brand, and market your services. While it may seem intimidating, you can ease any fears by doing your research, having a game plan, and considering SEO potential.
We are always working toward bringing you the best nutrition content, so we welcome any suggestions or comments you might have! Feel free to write to us at email@example.com.
Haven't tried Nutrium yet? Now is the time! You can try Nutrium for free for 14 days and test all its features, from appointments, to meal plans, nutritional analysis, videoconference, a website and blog, professional and patient mobile apps, and more! Try it now for free!