Promover o bem-estar no local de trabalho: 4 dicas para uma empresa mais saudável
Incorporating wellness at work helps to foster a healthy and productive workforce. From encouraging regular breaks to promoting healthy eating, here are some ways to use workplace wellness in your company.
With the fast-paced and ever-changing nature of today's work environment, it is more important than ever to prioritize the well-being of employees. From reducing stress levels to improving mental and physical health, promoting workplace wellness can have a number of benefits for both employees and employers.
But what is workplace wellness, and why is it important? In this article, we are sharing everything you need to know about how to incorporate wellness in the workplace.
The importance of promoting workplace wellness
Promoting workplace wellness in your company is important for everyone in the office. Here are some reasons why it’s vital to focus on wellness at work.
- Improved physical and mental health. Healthy employees are less likely to experience stress, burnout, or other health issues, which can lead to increased productivity and job satisfaction.
- Financial benefits. A healthy workforce can lead to reduced healthcare costs, increased productivity and better employee engagement.
- Fosters a positive and supportive work environment. When employees feel valued and supported, they are more likely to be engaged and motivated in their work, which can lead to better job performance and increased productivity.
- Helps attract and retain top talent. As more people focus on their well-being, companies that prioritize workplace wellness might become more appealing to potential employees.
4 tips to incorporate workplace wellness
Workplace well-being can have a number of benefits for both employees and employers. Here are 4 wellness tips for the workplace that you may want to consider incorporating into your company.
Tip #1: Encourage regular breaks and physical activity
Taking regular breaks and engaging in physical activity during the workday can lead to a more engaged and productive workforce. Additionally, regular breaks and physical activities provide an opportunity for employees to socialize, interact and collaborate with other people, which can foster a positive work culture and boost team morale.
While you can never force employees to participate in breaks or physical activity, here are some ways to foster these healthy behaviors:
- Encourage people to set a reminder to move around and stretch for a few minutes each hour.
- Encourage employees to participate in company-wide activities like walking or cycling challenges, sports teams, or fitness classes.
- Encourage managers and supervisors to lead by example by taking breaks and participating in physical activity themselves.
- If possible, encourage employees to walk or bike to work, or take public transportation, instead of driving.
Tip #2: Promote healthy eating
Promoting healthy eating in the workplace is important for the physical and mental well-being of employees and for the overall productivity and profitability of the company.
While you can’t demand that your employees follow strict dietary guidelines, promoting healthy eating behaviors can lead to a more engaged and productive workforce. It can also help to improve your employees’ physical and mental health, boost energy levels, and improve mood. This can lead to increased job satisfaction, better job performance, and reduced risk of burnout.
You can offer tools that make healthy eating patterns easier to access by:
- Providing healthy food options in the workplace
- Encouraging employees to bring their own healthy lunches
- Educating employees about the importance of healthy eating and the benefits of a balanced diet.
Maximizing employee and workplace wellness with Nutrium Care
By providing your employees access to the tools they need to manage their mental and physical health, you can improve your company’s bottom line, boost productivity, and further enhance the workplace environment.
Nutrium Care can help your team manage employee wellness by addressing many dimensions of employee well-being, including sleep issues, weight management, chronic diseases, bad eating habits, and more. These have also been shown to negatively impact mental health and stress levels, which is why Nutrium Care is a good option for addressing these issues.
Here’s how the program works:
- Online appointments with nutrition experts. Each employee can choose a specialized nutritionist and have their first online nutrition appointment. The nutritionist creates a personalized plan and works with employees to help them achieve their health and wellness goals.
- Direct access to a nutritionist. After the first appointment, employees can communicate directly with the nutritionist at any time with the Nutrium mobile app. They also have their meal plan always at hand and receive important notifications to remind them to eat or drink water. Our nutritionists can also work with your employees on mindful eating or intuitive eating, as these eating principles have been found to improve someone’s relationship with food.
- Educational materials. The entire process is accompanied by relevant information for a healthier life, through newsletters, webinars, and personalized workshops, created especially for each company. We also offer well-being in the workplace training.
Tip #3: Create a positive work environment
A positive work environment is essential for your employees’ overall wellbeing. When employees feel valued and supported, they are more likely to be engaged and motivated in their work, which can lead to better job performance and increased productivity.
You can create a positive work environment by fostering a culture of open communication, trust, and respect, which cultivates a more harmonious and productive work environment for everyone.
Tip #4: Encourage work-life balance
Promoting and encouraging a work-life balance in the workplace is essential for everyone’s overall well-being.
Experts continue to encourage work-life balance, as it’s been shown to help to reduce stress and prevent burnout, as well as improved mental health and increased job satisfaction. Furthermore, when employees have the flexibility to balance their work and personal responsibilities, they are more likely to be engaged and motivated in their work, which can lead to better job performance and increased productivity.
A good work-life balance can be achieved by offering flexible working hours and providing resources and support for employees to manage their work and personal responsibilities. You can also encourage employees to disconnect from work and fully shut down their computers once their day is over.
Workplace wellness programs (such as Nutrium Care) aim to improve the health and well-being of employees. These programs can include a wide range of initiatives, such as offering fitness classes, providing healthy food options, promoting mental health resources, and encouraging regular physical activity.
Wellness in the workplace can also lead to a variety of benefits for both employees and employers, including decreased absenteeism, improved productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
You can incorporate wellness at work by encouraging regular breaks, promoting healthy eating, creating a positive work environment, and helping employees achieve a better work-life balance.