How to get clients with free e-books
Did you know you can use free e-books to reach your target audience? Here’s how you can use e-books to get clients, grow your nutrition practice, and boost your revenue.
E-books can be a great way to connect with your audience, help with finding new clients, and further showcase your expertise as a dietitian. But did you know that offering free e-books can also be an incredible form of online marketing? Here’s how to get clients by using free e-books for your nutrition practice.
How can a free e-book help you get clients?
An e-book (short for electronic book) is a digital document that can be accessed on a computer, an iPad, or a phone. While there are no limitations to what type of e-book you can create, it’s best to create ones that fit your niche, as the goal is to draw in more potential clients for your nutrition practice and showcase your expertise.
While you can have people purchase your e-book, offering it for free can prove more fruitful. This may seem counterintuitive, but this method can prove fruitful if executed correctly. So, how can a free e-book help you get clients?
Email marketing is one of the best ways to reach a wide range of people and grow your business–by offering your e-book in exchange for someone’s email address, you can further market your services, offer targeted messages, create personalized content, and ultimately boost your revenue.
Using an email marketing service (like Mailchimp or Customer) allows you to automatically sync with any pop-ups or signups on your site to collect emails and add them to your existing email list.
Once you have emails collected, you can set up a series of emails that will remind people of your services or promotions. This is a great way to re-capture attention and further prompt your services. After all, people love free things, so if you can capitalize on this and find a successful email marketing strategy, you will see an uptick in your business and revenue.
You can also decide how frequently you want to send your emails. A weekly, biweekly, or monthly newsletter is a common option, but you could also send updates on your business or any special deals you have going on. However, don’t overload your clients’ email inboxes with too many emails, as this can backfire and have them unsubscribe from your mailing list.
Not using Nutrium yet?
Join more than 200.000 nutrition professionals and try our nutrition software for free.
How to create incredible e-books
Creating an e-book may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are 6 steps to help you create incredible e-books that people are sure to love.
- Market research. Before starting an e-book, it’s important to understand your target audience and what they are looking for. This will help narrow down your focus so you can attract your ideal client.
- Choose your topics. Once you have your target audience, choose some topics that will best resonate with them. After all, an e-book is supposed to be helpful and informative, so your content should align with what people will find most beneficial.
- Have a vision. Decide how you want your e-book to look. Do you want images, infographics, or concise bullet points? Once you have the design in mind, you can start formatting your content around that.
- Provide actionable tips. Consider how your e-book can benefit people. Whether it’s nutrition tips, recipe ideas, or infographics, the information you provide should be concise, helpful, and action-driven.
- Include a CTA. A call to action can help convert your audience into paying customers. Even though you’re offering a free download, you could also provide some form of discount to make the deal even sweeter and encourage people to book an appointment with you.
- Share your contact information. Make sure that your contact information is listed in the e-book, as well as any subsequent emails. It’s essential to keep a line of communication open when attracting more nutrition clients.
Where can you use your e-books?
Now that you have your e-book written and designed, it’s time to market it to the world. Other than email marketing, here are some ways to use e-books to your advantage.
Create a section on your website.
Add a new tab on your website that showcases your e-book and includes a description, of why people should download it, and how your services can help. You can then use this link on social media, blog posts, or ad campaigns to further direct people to your site.
While ads are not free, they can be a great way to reach your target audience and increase the visibility of your business. You can do paid ads on various social media platforms, or create a Google ad campaign based on your demographic. Be sure to monitor these ads carefully to make sure they are beneficial for you, and adjust them if necessary.
Promote on social media.
Create a reel, post, and/or story alerting your followers about your new e-book. You can also create a curated ad or post it on Facebook groups.
However, be sure that you understand how different social media platforms work, as each comes with nuances. For instance, Facebook provides links within a post, whereas you will need to put a link in your Instagram bio.
Check out this article for more information on how to choose the best social media platforms for your nutrition business.
Write a blog post.
Blog posts are also a great opportunity to tie in your expertise and knowledge with the content present in the e-book. These blog posts can offer a sneak peek into the e-book, detail why people should download it, how you can help with their nutrition needs, and any special discounts you’re willing to provide in exchange for their emails. This will help build trust and may lead to more clients in the long run.
E-books can help establish a deeper connection with both current and potential clients. By offering free e-books, you will be able to show off your expertise, provide actionable tips, and collect contact information from prospective clients.
We are always working toward bringing you the best nutrition content, so we welcome any suggestions or comments you might have! Feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haven't tried Nutrium yet? Now is the time! You can try Nutrium for free for 14 days and test all its features, from appointments, to meal plans, nutritional analysis, videoconference, a website and blog, professional and patient mobile apps, and more! Try it now for free!