Holistic nutrition blog: how to start?
Creating and building a holistic nutrition blog may seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. From conception to execution, here’s how you can get started with your nutrition blog.
Interest in nutrition continues to grow, as research shows that more people have prioritized their health and wellness . As a nutrition professional, this means you have a better opportunity to gain more clients, increase your revenue, and boost your business. But have you ever considered adding a blog into the mix?
Blogging has become more popular among dietitians in recent years, and for good reason. Not only is it a creative outlet, but it’s also one of the best ways to increase organic traffic to your website. This can result in more clients and further brand recognition, both of which are important if you’re looking to grow your business.
While nutrition blogs are well-known by many, holistic health has become a popular topic among professionals and consumers alike. So, if this concept aligns with your business model, you may consider starting a holistic nutrition blog to reach more potential clients.
But where should you start, what are some things to consider, and how can your endeavors be successful? From conception to execution, here’s how you can get your holistic nutrition blog off the ground.
5 steps on how to start a holistic nutrition blog
1. Define your goals
Holistic nutrition can have many different facets. From weight loss to meal plans and long-term nutrition programs, chances are that you have a lot of relevant work experience that potential clients can benefit from. However, you need to niche down and decide what and who you want to focus on before writing any content.
TIP: Learn more about how niching down your nutrition service can help you stand out from the crowd.
Here are some things to consider:
- Who is your ideal reader? Defining your target audience will help refine your writing style and set the overall tone of your holistic nutrition blog.
- What is the purpose of your blog? Having a clear purpose is vital for any nutrition blog, as this will provide the framework for any content you create.
- How will you measure and track success? Regularly tracking your analytics can help further refine your content strategy. Here are some metrics you can use to measure your blog’s success .
2. Choose the platform
There are so many options when it comes to creating your nutrition blog, so do your research and find the one that works best for you. Check out this side-by-side comparison to help you decide which one is best for you.
Tip: the platform you choose should also have SEO, as this tool will help increase your blog’s visibility on internet search engines.
Not using Nutrium yet?
Join more than 200.000 nutrition professionals and try our nutrition software for free.
3. Decide what you are going to communicate
It can be tempting to write about every nutrition topic, but once you know who your target audience is, you can narrow things down and create posts that resonate with your followers. Here are some ways to help determine your content strategy and take it to the next level.
- Create a content calendar. Using a content planner can help you post regularly, plan ahead, and generate ideas.
- Focus on your niche. Once your target audience is defined, create content surrounding your business focus and future clients. For instance, if you are a dietitian expert on gut health, you can write content on topics like “nutrient-dense foods for GI health”, “how the microbiome affects mental health”, and “health benefits of eating gut-friendly plant-based foods”.
- Add images. Blogs without images can be bland, so spice things up and add some media files that are pertinent to the post.
- Collaborate. Gain more exposure by working with other experts and brands to create content that is relevant to your audience.
4. Learn from the best
While you should never directly copy someone else’s work, you can draw inspiration from some well-known nutrition blogs. Food, Pleasure, and Health, Nutrition Stripped, and Nutritious Eats are just a few popular blogs that offer a variety of content in a visually appealing way.
TIP: From diabetes experts to food freedom nutritionists, here are the top 20 dietitians you should follow on Instagram.
5. Spread the word
Any time you can share your name, website, and blog will give you the opportunity to bring in new readers. Here are some ways that you can spread the word about your holistic nutrition blog.
- Go local. Promote your blog at local coffee shops, gyms, and yoga studies. For more ideas, check out these other non-social media tactics to increase visibility.
- Use social media. Social media is free and can be a great marketing tool when used correctly. Learn more about how to choose the right social media to increase revenue, gain more clients, market your services, and build trust within the online community.
- Try email marketing. This powerful tool allows you to share information about your services, discounts, or upcoming events. You can make the most out of your email list by creating free toolkits in exchange for emails, which you can then use to send out content that will further market yourself.
TIP: Here’s how you can use email marketing to make a big impact.
Creating and building a holistic nutrition blog may seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. If you start by understanding your target audience, you can create content that is relevant and can reach many potential clients. With time, patience, and perseverance, you can create a successful holistic nutrition blog that is true to your business model.
We are always working toward bringing you the best nutrition content, so we welcome any suggestions or comments you might have! Feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haven't tried Nutrium yet? Now is the time! You can try Nutrium for free for 14 days and test all its features, from appointments, to meal plans, nutritional analysis, videoconference, a website and blog, professional and patient mobile apps, and more! Try it now for free!